This week I’m twenty-eight weeks pregnant, which means I’m officially in the third trimester. Here’s a recap of what was supposed to be the ‘honeymoon’ part of pregnancy:
How I’m Feeling:
- Still stressed about jobs/housing but trying to make plans (for example, we still don’t know where the baby will be born…)
- New symptom: pregnancy insomnia. I didn’t have this with any of my other pregnancies so that’s fun. On the other hand, I don’t have anything medically serious going on this time around so I’m mostly left alone with the occasional doctor’s appointment, which is nice.
- Physically, this pregnancy has equal to or a bit harder than Rowen’s. I now have the typical sore back/hips, heartburn, and a squished stomach (so I can’t eat very much/am always hungry)
- By the end of the trimester I was feeling lots of baby movement (including semipainful kicks where I’m like CUT OUT THE DANCE PARTY BABY)
Craving: Mostly just avocado this trimester – my students laughed because I would eat an avocado sandwich every single day for lunch.
- 14 weeks: the morning sickness finally eased up
- 17 weeks: started feeling baby move (very irregularly)
- 18 weeks: found out baby is a boy (and also found out I have an anterior placenta, so I won’t feel as much movement until later)
- 20 weeks: started feeling baby move regularly
- 22 weeks: Braxton Hicks contractions appeared (OH BOY)
- 23 weeks: we named the baby – Kellen Reid! (Damien insists he will call him ‘New Baby’ or ‘Squishy Turtle’ despite what we name him, lol)
- Damien is starting to get excited about the baby and says he knows he’ll be really cute. He tells strangers that there are three kids in our family. 🙂
- Rowen may actually understand that there will, in fact, be a baby… at least he seems to understand that I’m pregnant. We read lots of Big Brother books so I’m hoping some of it is sinking in…
These are mostly mirror selfies while I was at work, lol. Oh well, better than nothing right?